Suggestion: Combined Storage & Some Minor Quality of Life Ideas

D3ATHCOM5 shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

I'd like to know why there isn't an option to 'combine' storage in the UI. Say that you have 10 large containers, why isn't there any option for those 10 to appear as one inventory instead of 10? I don't know about anyone else, but my bases tend to get really really big and with this powerline mod I've found I can connect everything to a central power station, which is nice as I can consolidate the overall size of my base(s) that way. But this leads to another problem, it becomes one large freaking grid, making it absolutely unbearably difficult to navigate the inventory panel. Maybe if you group certain containers together or you can add a script or something onto their existing names to combine them selectively. Like what is done to show statuses of your ships on displays

In creative mode, why has inertia not been disabled for characters, or better yet, why isn't there a toggle option for it? I mean you've already got it in the game, for the spectator camera, so why isn't there an option for the characters? (If there already is how do I turn it on? XD) Yes, you can use the spectator cam to build, but it feels to robotic and static. I don't think it was really designed to be used like the character camera. On top of which it just pivots/rolls to fast, the 'E' and 'Q' keys.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one to have noticed this. But I like having things sorted and easy to access, if it isn't already evident. When going into the Control Panel the thing that has always bugged me is the way things are sorted, how alphabetical sorting takes priority over numerical sorting. For example, say I have 30 solar panels, instead of it being 'Solar Panel 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, -, 30' it's sorted like this 'Solar Panel 1, 10, 11, 2, 20, 22, 3, 30, 4, 5, -, 29 '. The easiest way to fix this is to make it a 3 or 4 numerical value, so it it would be assigned like this in the Control Panel 'Solar Panel 001, 002, 003, 004, 005, -, 030'. Not sure why, but this fixes the above problem, so just making it a 3 digit name would save you a lot of time and not have to worry about recreating your sorting system.

There were a few other things, but I got side tracked playing the game

Leave a Comment

Attach a file