The Ideal Capital Ship I Could Not Build

Engineer Ident-7567 shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

In Space Engineers, many people have gone out of their way to build these massive ships, me included. these ships can range from 1 to 10 kilometres from prow to stern. the only thing that is missing for these ships is a good to-scale weapon system. A battleship used in WWII would have been dominated by it's main guns. A battleship's guns would take a lot of resources to build and make function. I think space engineers should have some kind of weapon like the old battleship's cannons. Missile and Gatling turrets make great point-defense guns, but are lousy and ineffective in cruiser to cruiser combat.

Replies (1)

photo

a large part of the game is making your own weapons, they dont have larger cannon turrets and missiles because youre supposed to make them.

photo

Grid missiles exist, but they're heavily limited by speed and size. Actual cannons are difficult to replicate because of this, but massed small gatling guns are wildly overpowered. The real reason that we don't have a better combat system is that Keen hasn't touched that part of the game at all in years.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file