Add an option to scale UI while keeping it aligned to screen corners

Hyperion shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

Just tested the new UI scale feature and it seems to scale the UI while keeping it centered on the middle of the screen, as seen on the screenshot below. I think Space Engineers UI is too large even for my ultrawide screen and would love to scale it down while keeping individual elements of the UI snapped to screen corners, so that the toolbar would remain on the bottom of the screen and just get smaller instead of moving upwards aswell.

This would require some elements to retain screen width, such as the background behind the "Game paused" bar on the top, but there's only a few of those. Could be toggled by adding a single checkbox to "Keep the UI centered", for example.

4bb4bb9091e6f1c42cd19ab8f8dc8e8c

Replies (2)

photo

Agree with this suggestion, since this still seems to be how the UI works even two years later. It seems they've built the UI on an "invisible box" that exists inside the screen borders and they just resize this box to scale the UI. It eats up a good bit of the valuable screen space close to the center reticle and feels very weird when I have to rescale the UI for my larger monitor.

photo

The worst part is that it doesn't change the font size of gps that is displayed on HUD, I find this game impossible to play today on 2k or 4k screen, sad. So many years but a simple option is useless. Because other players are careless doesn't mean that such issue should be ignored for that many years, I know they are busy with Vrage and Space Engineers 2, but let's hope that they care about us.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file