Power/fuel overview is horrible

Kim Westergaard Hansen shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

I love your game, I really do. It's always fun to play with friends, but having recently dived into survival, i've run into an issue that sucks the fun out of my experience.

The gauge that tells me how much longer I have power for, only takes into account what we have RIGHT NOW. Not for how long the batteries have power for, not how long till the hydrogen engines run out of fuel, it's only a momentary picture. It might say 188 days, but in reality, it's going to fall out of the sky in 8 seconds, because that's when the batteries run out.

I can't make ships, where I can accurately gauge for how long they can stay afloat, if I use multiple power systems. (Batteries, and Hydrogen engines to keep the power topped off)

I've had two ships, one of which was a fairly large ship, just drop out of the sky on a whim, because it didn't calculate my power/fuel correctly, and it's frustrating as hell.

I hope this gets fixed at some point, because it's pissing me off. I've been with you for 6 years now, and I love what you've done with your game, but please, do something about this.

Also, attaching a drill to a hinge makes the whole ship slowly go downwards at 0.23m/s when in atmosphere, but doing the same with say blastdoors or spotlights, it keeps level without an issue.

Keep up the good work, I hope to hear back from you.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file