Regroup cargo in the inventory screen

UbioZur shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

In order to increase the user experience, It could be a plus in the inventory screen to add one or two buttons, to regroup cargo inventory under the same 'virtual' inventory.

Example: Let's consider a ship with :

5x small cargo named 'My Cargo'

2x small cargo named 'Aux Cargo'

Currently we have:

7 differents inventory in the interface.

If some of those cargo have the same function (i.e. Storing Ore) , then the UX get really poor.

Option 1 (Best Option IMO): A Regroup by name toggle (All connected grids OK, Or limit to ship grid and sub grid for performance):

1 'Virtual' Inventory named 'My Cargo' (Maybe adding a sign to say it is a regrouped one)

1 'Virtual Inventory named 'Aux Cargo' (Maybe adding a sign to say it is a regrouped one)

Now the UX get highly improved for the case where the cargo have the same function.

Option 2: A Regroup All Cargo toggle (Only Ship Grid and subgrid):

1 'Virtual' Inventory named 'All Cargo'? (Maybe adding a sign to say it is a regrouped one)

UI is simplified but UX can get really confusing if the cargo have different fonctions.

Option 3: Add to 'Virtual' Cargo Properties added to the cargo as a checkbox.

1 'Virtual' Inventory

+ All inventory not in Hidden

Limit to one 'virtual' cargo only, but could be easier to implement.

Same can be applied to O2 Tanks, H2 Tanks,

Assemblers, Refineries, Reactors, Guns should be tested as it can degrade some UX by not making it clear if they are all empty or full etc... Maybe separate toggle for them, and the dropping inventory in would split the amount between them!

Of course for the picking up / Dropping items into the 'virtual' cargo, I would consider that you browse from the 1st cargo on the list. and move on to the next one if needed.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file