Please remove global PCU limits

Jack Kerr shared this feedback 5 years ago
Considered (Not Planned)

On the official Keen server I play on (server NA 1), a bit of a conundrum has occurred.

Simply, the PCU is already used up after only a day and a half.

The server uses "Global PCU limits" so any block built by any player causes the PCU to be used up.

This is terrible! Now players are hardly able to build at all and its impossible for new players on the server to start up or make any progress!

KeenSH, please remove global PCU limits and change the servers to have "Per Player" PCU limits instead, this will grant much more freedom and prevent people from hitting the creative roadblock that the global PCU limit is causing (I am currently trying to make a meeting room in my faction base, but I can only build a tiny bit of armor because of the PCU being used up).

Replies (16)

photo

Global PCU limit servers should have more aggresive cleaning, or guaranteed minimum PCU per player.

photo

Hello Jack,

thank you for your feedback, I will pass it to our dev team.

photo

yes this is a major issue I am having with my persistent ROLE PLAY moon map. Apparently, you can only have so much on your map then you hit a PCU limit. It's really horrible for creativity . It would be nice to know why thee is PCU limits.

photo

I have the same issue on the Keen AU #1 server I was playing on. Now no one can build and the server is dead.

photo

No don't delete it. Better delete a grid if it wasn't moved by a player by some time.

photo

Problem is if you have 100 steel plates you can place 100 jump drives and fill up the pcu instantly. Attach a battery and it won't be cleaned up

photo

I would suggest not removing the option. Key word here = option

photo

In my personal experience I've hit the PCU wall on these worlds too and didn't like it. So, I just moved to another server. It's really a non issue. If you don't like something then leave and go to something better. If an admin is active and oversees his/her server, then the option still has merit as being an available option in my opinion.

photo

All is already implemented, to disable all the limits add this:

<MaxGridSize>0</MaxGridSize>

<MaxBlocksPerPlayer>0</MaxBlocksPerPlayer>

<TotalPCU>0</TotalPCU>

<MaxFactionsCount>0</MaxFactionsCount>

<BlockLimitsEnabled>NONE</BlockLimitsEnabled>

photo

The PCU limit is there for a reason. To keep people from tanking simspeed on the server. So it shouldn't be removed. We should instead look for a better way to manage the grids. Maybe by not loading/simulate grids that are not within a certain distance from active players? Or maybe make the stash removal more aggressive when the PCU limit is reached?

photo

Same issue on DE4

photo

Hi, Global PCU limit feature will be changed in the future to avoid quick building and better gameplay, until then we will not use it that much on our servers.

photo

Shouldn’t no PCU on there because if someone play on ‘Star System’ and it need more like Unlimited then 50,000 PCU so it should remove because everyone can more fun and lots build like Keen put ads ‘We Want You’ As like Uncle Sam so how possible if you want other people will better build Ships/ Battleship/ Colony/ Home/ Camp/ Space Station, as all new..

Thanks

photo

I understand the PCU limit, but how can the game be advertised as a sandbox, allowing you to build whatever you can imagine, then placing a limit on that imagination. This game seems on par with Empyrion, but with too many restrictions. Was excited about picking it up for me and my friends. Now we are just stuck not being able to build anything else. Kind of lame. I seriously think there should be no limit if you are just playing among your friends. Yeah, maybe put a cap on it with global servers, but you and your buddies playing in their own server, absolutely not. Can't be creative if there is no room to create.

photo

If I'm not mistaken, the limit can be removed from within experimental mode.

photo

it can been disabled in the world settings. it's above the "sun rotation"section. no experimental mode needed

photo

Not that I see.

/879307f37c1401aba92a9d8915041e1a

Then in experimental...

/c1dd2afff212c7afb10b6111619cbcad

photo

This disables all limits. The author wants player limits, without global limits. No more Total PCU, just per player/max ship size.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file