[Character Tool suggestion] Digital Camera (for use in LCDs)

Grizzli Barberousse shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

Hi, as an Aerospace Mass Properties Engineer I enjoy SE a LOT, although as a professional photographer I feel I am missing something !

Here is an idea which could help me fulfill this other passion of mine:

Having the ability to use a digital camera as a character tool to take in-game pictures which could then be used on LCDs.

The camera could be a very simple polaroid with no settings and could work with "ammos" using a new craftable item like "Photo paper".

Pictures would be available through the LCD settings in an additional menu alongside with "No content", "Text and Image" and "Script", "Camera memory" for example. That same menu could allow the player to delete pictures if needed.

Going crazy, future development of this functionality could include ability to assemble pictures into panoramas, adding setup functionalities to the camera (like zoom, aperture, speed, ISO, flash etc.), adding a photo editing tool to write annotations on the pictures (like a control seat which would display a photo editing interface).

I truly hope this idea will seduce other engineers. Wishing you all a very good day and lots of problems to solve !!! Take care

Grizzli Barberousse

Replies (1)

photo

I would vastly prefer that a Live Camera Feed system that displays a Camera's view to a LCD be implemented first, but I can see the draw. When I played Minecraft, I used the Camera mod all the time to take pictures of my builds and situations and hang them around- a space-age equivalent would be delicious indeed.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file