Blueprint Menu pages.

Codster121 shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

Introduction:

A hopefully simple page system in the blueprint menu that only loads a certain number of blueprints per page, This feature is already present in Medieval Engineers, and should be implemented into Space Engineers, among other things in my opinion. (*cough* winches, i am sad that i cannot build proper cranes, or even container loading systems.)

--- Detailed Description:

My idea works like this: when the player accesses the menu the list of blueprints should be divided into a indefinite number of pages, with Prev and Next buttons. The number of blueprints loaded per page should be a specific maximum number, and only load thumbnails of ships, and display the name, author, and description of the selected blueprint while it is displayed.

Search feature can remain unchanged and search all blueprints once enter has been pressed.

--- Alternative, or supplementary suggestion:

I think, at least if pages aren't implemented, a slight rework for the Local, Cloud, and Workshop filters, The button to load all in the blueprint menu should be its own standalone button, next to the normal filter button, like below:

Filter button: Local > Cloud > Local+Cloud > Workshop > repeat

All button: Local + Cloud + Workshop, or a standalone workshop button.

--- Reason for suggestion:

I have become a bit frustrated with the loading times, mostly from the workshop, and only really when i am working on local projects, and want to quickly load, save or replace a local blueprint.

I don't think i am playing this game on a potato, below are my current PC specs as of this post.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 Ghz (turbo of 3.6)

GPU: Nvidia GTX 960, I wonder if it could be a rendering issue, rather than a loading issue? Still the blueprint menu update would still be nice.

RAM: 16GB DRR4 @ 2666 Mhz

256GB SSD + 1TB 7200 RPM HDD

Leave a Comment

Attach a file