Progression System Overhaul.

Robin Nunn shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

While I am happy to see that survival progression is valued by the Space Engineers Team. The current implemented system is some what lacking and not widely used, rendering it almost useless. Because of this i think that it could use a overhaul. The popularity of mods like "Grind to Learn" & "Extendable Research System" are good attempts sate the appetite of hardcore survival SE players. However lack of coding knowledge and In compatibility due to updates, make it hard for the community to maintain something concrete and reliable. I believe that with the skills of the Space Engineers Team supporting a enhanced system. Like the community alternative listed above, would be a step in the right direction.

My Suggestion: Consumable Blueprints <-- Pretty sure it was considered, yet sadly passed up.

Overhaul of current progression system in order to enhance game-play in exploration and NPC prefabs. By Adding physical items as consumables "Blueprints" that when consumed grant the knowledge to the player character and thus enabling them to then make the given block. The Items could be found in the cargo of grids, bought on the economy or found in unknown signals that currently give cosmetic items. Mods with compatibility to the Modular Encounters series would greatly benefit from a blueprint system.

Features:

Add Blueprints for all blocks in the game.

Add Blueprints to the Economy.

Add Blueprints to the NPC Grids.

Add support for Modders to make their blocks compatible.

Keep Progression System toggle-able On/Off

Add a tab to world creation to set blocks as always known (Meaning the blocks you start the game knowing) or to blacklist blueprints that you don't want players to get.

In closing adding a more fulfilling progression system would make survival game play more rewarding and fun. As well as add value to the game world by providing a framework to the modding communities that does not require C-Sharp scripting.

Keep up the amazing work!

Commando_kain

Leave a Comment

Attach a file