Additional Hitbox Tweak for Merge Blocks

nubeees shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

The recent collision changes have been excellent!

However, if two subgrids are perfectly aligned (Let's say, two pistons you'd like to connect together), the game does not allow you to place the merge blocks face-to-face to connect the two subgrids. (In the pistons example, you would need to extend one of the pistons, place the merge block, then retract it in order to connect the two.)

Fixing this would make building more complicated creations a lot smoother!

Also noteworthy: Grids connected via hinge cannot be merged. This probably deserves its own topic.

Replies (1)

photo

I think one only can merge a sub-grid of a sub-grid back to the main grid, if using a Rotor or Hinge. It only works if having two stacked on-top of each other - then the merging is successful. Why, I don't know when a single Piston is able to merge fine?

photo

I'm referring to two subgrids which are attached to the same main grid. (ie if you want an elevator with two or more pistons supporting it)

photo

Okay, I see.

I also forgot to mention that, I agree that it can be very tedious merging grids together (even with creative mode enabled), especially when there are multiple merges needed.

Maybe this will becomes possible after the Merge Blocks hitboxes has been updated?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file