We Need New Weapons and NPCs

Abyzmi shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

We need more weapons. For real.

Even if we just had a fixed artillery cannon, that would go a long way. But I wouldn’t mind seeing some very large battleship style cannon turrets. A lot of people also like the idea of homing missiles.

More handheld weapons would be nice too. Different kinds of rifles, some hand guns, maybe a rocket launcher.

Everyone is saying “NPCs!!”

I kind of agree with that. I think one of the issues you guys were having previously is that it was difficult to do pathfinding while flying with a jet pack.

Honestly, I don’t think jet packs are necessary for NPCs. Especially if they’re really being so difficult.

I imagine NPCs patrolling hallways in the transport ships that fly through space guarding treasures. Say a hole gets blown into the side of the ship and the NPC gets sucked into space. Either find a way to rescue him or, he just keeps on flying and eventually runs out of air and dies or falls into a gravity well and dies or something, and you have to hire a new one to replace him.

NPCs could require a salary meaning that it’s now more important to make money so you can pay them.

You can also issue basic commands such as do combat (they’ll auto-pathfind to the nearest enemy, making NPC assault ships a thing), prepare for warp (they all find a seat), fix blocks, follow me, stand down, etc. Might even be able to put them on presets so when you press a button (say an alarm), the NPCs carry out specific actions like fix things or do combat (to repel boarders)

You can assign patrol routes to specific NPCs who will move around with a gun and make sure no one tries to get in. I'm thinking maybe a system kind of like Satisfactory where you can record your movements and the NPCs just follow the recorded movements, and if they spot an enemy, then they stop and do combat.

And NPC colors should be customizable so you can give them a uniform so to speak. Any piece of armor that you own, you can apply to an individual NPC. NPCs would add so much to this game, and make it feel more populated.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file