Remote API Improvements!

Shibiko shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

So I love using the remote api, however, I was wondering if we could get some additional routes.

Send a message to a single player.

POST /v1/session/chat/{steamId}?displayName=CustomNameThis is the main reason why I'm even writing this post. I really want a way to send a player a message via the API. The display name option is just how I'd like the name to appear to the player. I have a custom discord bot I'd like to display its name instead of Server. I'm not picky about it. Just like a way to message users.

Get all the grids with a detailed list of all their blocks.

GET /v1/session/grids?blocks=true

Currently, there is no way with the remote API to actually know what blocks are on a certain grid. I would like to know via the API.

Get a single grid with a detailed list of all blocks.

GET /v1/session/grids/{entityId}Currently, the API doesn't include a way just to get a single grid.

Restart the server

POST /v1/serverFeels necessary, not sure why it's missing. Honestly, the stop command feels pretty useless when you can't start it with the API.Remove a character from the world.DELETE /v1/session/characters/{entityId}Quality of LifeThis Needs to not be behind authentication...GET /v1/server

Need to not have auth on this so I can have a third-party service monitor the server being up or not. Currently, I have to have a webserver up, create a new endpoint that calls this endpoint with the auth... This shouldn't be necessary. It's a health check route.The economy endpoints needs loads of endpoints.Get NPC Stations, show items for sale, contacts, location, owned by, DisplayName, EntityId, etcRefresh NPC StationUpdate NPC StationDelete NPC StationCreate NPC Station, randomly and with provided coordinatesGET Player Space Credit BalanceAdd To Player Space Credit Balance, increases by provided numberUPDATE Player Space Credit Balance, set to provided numberRemove Player Space Credit Balance, set to zero, unless provided a number to subtract fromPlayers needs a way to see/update items in personal inventory.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file