More Weather Ideas

C.DEF shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

So apparently they added weather, and some of the stuff I said actually got added (I know I didn't influence it, it was most likely a coincidence)

More Space Weather

------------------------

Things such as Radiation, Solar Flares, Asteroid Fields (sort of already in-game), Pellet Showers, and Dust (also sort of in-game)

-----------------

Radiation: Disrupts Communications and can hurt player overtime. Leaving the area where Radiation is present causes any damaging effects on the player to slowly dissipate.

Radiation can be encountered in the following situations:

* High Uranium Deposits

Lifetime in event: Infinite unless most of Uranium is mined

NOTE: If a Large Grid Large Cargo Container is filled at least 20% Uranium, it itself becomes Radioactive.

*Malfunctioning Nuclear Reactors

Lifetime in event: Infinite unless repaired/destroyed (once destroyed, a zone of radiation lasts for about 30 minutes)

NOTE: No Radiation is present if reactor didn't have any uranium to begin with.

*Deep in the depths of Alien, Triton, and Titan planets

Lifetime: Infinite

--------------------------

Solar Flares: Disrupts Communications, High Power Blocks (Things like Batteries and Reactors) Advanced Life Support Blocks (Air Vents, O2/H2 generators and Medical Bays (not Survival Kit), and can disable thrusters if strong enough (player and ship)

Solar Flares can be encountered in the following situations:

*In Space at any time

Lifetime: 3-4 minutes. Rarely can exceed 8 minutes

NOTE: Stronger Flares are usually shorter

*On non-atmospheric/low-atmospheric planets

Lifetime: 1-2 minutes. Rarely can exceed 5 minutes

NOTE: Stronger Flares are usually shorter

---------------------------------

Asteroid Fields: Aren't on fire, slower but larger, and spawn in a closer proximity compared to Meteor Showers. Takes longer for gatling and missile turrets to blow them up. The asteroids don't blow up when they smash into your ship/station, but will be stopped and will turn into floating resources.

Asteroid Fields can be encountered in the following situations:

*While travelling through new areas in space

Lifetime: 15-30 second fields.

NOTE: The larger the asteroids, the longer the fields.

*When stationary in space (Extremely Rare)

Lifetime: 15-45 second fields.

NOTE: The asteroids are smaller when stationary.

----------------------------------------------------------

Pellet Showers: Similar to Meteor Showers and Asteroid Fields, but are way more dangerous. Usually at higher velocities and acting like bullets, they can bombard your ship/station to nothing but a scrap heap. Turrets can't target these.

Pellet Showers can be encountered in the following situations:

*In space (moving or stationary)

Lifetime: 20-130 seconds.

NOTE: These values aren't the min and max, but the most common short and long durations

*Around Planets (higher duration and velocity)

Lifetime: 45-170 seconds.

NOTE: Can be very damaging.

--------------------------------------------------

Dust: Can clog Thrusters, Turrets, Air Vents, etc. Also limits vision.

Dust can be encountered in the following situations:

*In Space

Lifetime: 10-40 Minutes.

NOTE: This would be the case if you were stationary, if you are coasting through space, they only affect your ship for as long as you are in the area where the dust is. So if you get your enemy stuck in a dust field, you can completely annihilate them by floating just outside the dust.

--------------------------------------

Please feel free to share any ideas for more space weather.

Replies (1)

photo

I like the flares and radiation sickness ideas. More environmental effects to be aware of would feel more realistic.

I am however not a fan of the random showers of death that will fuck you and your build up. They are just a nuisance when your show is done, totally deadly when starting a base, and you have no real way of defending yourself from the randomness.But then again, meteors are toggle-able, so I guess it would be fine.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file