Client Side Player Customizable HUD Elements

Burstar shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

Instead of relying on Mods which may not suit the players particular tastes, and can't be changed from the Servers' settings, allow menu/interface options to change colour, font, size, position, translucence, etc, of all HUD elements individually.

Replies (5)

photo

Yesss!! Skinning of the game UI! Can't imagine why this idea did not receive votes so far! We could get a separate category in the Workshop - Skins.

photo

Voter Apathy imo

photo

Voter apathy is preferable to Keen's Apathy I suppose ;-)

photo
photo

I would love to see some of the HUD Mods from the workshop set to run Client Side only. Things like the Text Hud API, HUD Compass, color mods, etc. These things that only the player running them sees on his/her screen and don't affect the world around the player could be set to run on the client side only, meaning the server doesn't have to use resources to implement them, merely allow them to run. That saves resources for the server, allows players to see the info they need/want on their hud, and everybody is happy.

photo

Agreed. I enjoy skinning/changing my hud in many games. And having it be server side only is just weird. It's driving me nuts.

photo

Agreed, the HUD should have more options for user configuration and for mods to edit the HUD. For one, allowing the use of relative positioning would allow multiple mods or configurations to display information. Even many games that don't allow modding allow you to skin or adjust UI elements.

I would think that almost any mod would benefit from the ability to display info on the HUD.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file