Can the upper limit of the physical grid be removed?No limit like block?

MineStarGate shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

Hi, Developers,I really love your game. I am a player pursuing a 1: 1 size spaceship. I would like to ask if it is possible for you to continue to increase the pcu limit in the future.

When I was building, a lot of science fiction ships were limited by this. How about at least raising the ceiling if you can?

I know that there is currently no block limit。But when I made a huge urban spaceship Atlantis, the physical grid restricted me.

I do n’t know if the expression I ’m talking about is correct. The physical grid that I understand is equivalent to modeling. If it is a plane, then even a plane of a thousand squares does not have too many physical grids. Is it called pcu? Because my language is not English.I hope you can understand which limitation I am talking about.

I have done a lot of tests and attempts. Under the same square, the more complex geometric hull will occupy more physical grids. The Atlantis I made last year is very huge. Even if it is all placed on ssd, it uses 32g of memory and it is still loaded for 2 and a half hours, and then it crashes after running for 5 minutes. I guess the reason for the crash is that I burst the memory of the graphics card. But I believe that if there are better CPUs and GPUs, the increase in the ceiling should be tolerable? My current PC configuration is i7 7700 & 1050ti 4g.

I really hope that this will become true, thank you for reading my message.

Replies (1)

photo

Not a developer but i can tell you, you are hitting the physical shapes limit.

"The Physical Shape limit of 65536"

That limit is in engine and cannot be changed unless they rewrite how block are handled or change to some "Havok" alternative.

Rule of thumb

Bigger detailed ship = Bigger the cost of shapes limit.

People that want to build huge stuff, they make ship by individual parts

SE allow you to build multi grid ships by

1. Subgrids (rotors/ hinge/ pistons)

2. Individual Ships as parts of bigger ship (Connector/Landing Gear)

Have a nice day

Leave a Comment

Attach a file