Oxygen control on conveyers

Gary Wright shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

Could it be possible to add an oxygen sorting system to the game? Like by being able to whitelist/blacklist oxygen in the conveyor sorter to control where the oxygen goes in the conveyor tubes

Replies (6)

photo

A good suggestion that is long over due.

photo

Can you give an example of when this would be more practical than the current system?

photo

Shared connections wherein you do not want a connected ship draining o2 supplies is one, or to create o2 specific pull requests from attached inventories. I use isolated conveyor systems on o2 tanks and air vents to create air dumps... to store excess air during a life support purge. The only reason they have to be isolated from the rest of the system, is there is no way to effect the flow of gas through the conveyor system, if I could force a one way connection then I wouldn't have to isolate this system from the rest of my venting system... that would have saved me a lot of design hassle actually. I personally can see a few uses for this in stockpiling operations alone.

photo

You can shut off the Tank if you don't want it to fill up.

photo

Or... you could have the conveyor with an option to allow, or disallow passing gas.... to help mitigate the micromanaging necessary to do a task. Seems to me having a conveyor system set up to do what you want it to do automatically, would be more practical than having to go in and turn a few of what may be a dozen tanks every single time you want to change that setting... or you could just change a setting in a single conveyor sorter. If you can't see any benefit in that then... that's on you.

photo

Says the guy that can't understand groups.

photo

Sheesh. @Burstar - Glad to see you can be an jackass on any forum. Top marks for consistency, at least.

I like the idea of finer control of gas flow through grids. I proposed something along the same lines a while ago.

If everyone's so hot and bothered over pressurization as a non-experimental feature, how about a little love for the supporting mechanics that help to make it interesting?

photo

Thanks @Thrak. It means a lot to me that you think I'm a JA. I'm curious though how I'm the JA here when No Thanks was the one that got condescending first. I was just making observations and politely asking questions...

photo

You thought that was condescending? Clearly you've never been in the crosshairs of my ire before! You asked for an example wherein it could be more practical than the current system... I don't see a single condescending remark, or dig at you personally (or otherwise) in my response, and frankly I'd like you to point out what EXACTLY was condescending... or specifically directed at you in my first reply... I didn't even say your name. But if you wanna get all snowflakey about it, that's your choice, I've said my peace and I'll let you have your safe space lest you melt.

photo

If you can't see what was condescending in your remarks, then that's on you.

photo

Boys ... ;-)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file