Cave Pressurization

Camden Davis shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

I Love The pressurization feature, but When in mines, which are sealed off from the Vacum of space, Aka deep underground, with a base sealing the entrance to space, shouldn't airflow and be held in there too? I mean it just makes sense and the fact that it doesn't seem kinda like an oversight to me. Something to consider and I hope others think the same

Replies (2)

photo

when friends and I last played we put on lots of meteors and build an underground base. we setup an elevator (mod) to the surface and built doors to pressurize the caves (felt like something out of star wars). but once we got ice and started the vents we found out that caves don't pressurize at all, what a fat waste of time. we all got off after that and never came back. this game still feels as alpha as it was years ago, disappointing is how I would describe this game.

photo

IIRC voxels don't directly have surface area. Each one is a mass value at a point in space, on a grid, with the surface of the asteroid extrapolated from the sizes and positions of the outside voxels. So dealing with pressurization for voxels would likely be a hard hit to processing power with the current game engine.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file