Planets with a purpose

Nathan Springer shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

ey Keen, I have had an idea on how to give planets a purpose! I don't know if it has been discussed before, but i find no real purpose traveling to any other planet other than for exploration etc. However, i thought it would be great if Keen could make new ore exclusive to certain planets, making certain ship parts much more harder to obtain or create. For example, high damaging weaponry would require you to travel to the alien planet and mine a certain ore to make the ammunition. What does everybody think? Good idea or does anyone else have anything we could do to make planets much more desirable to explore rbIWgUF Maybe collectibles and exclusive ships to rescue or capture? Love the work you are producing and just want to say thank you for an awesome ride since the beginning :)

_RaZoR_

Replies (2)

photo

This would lock out smaller/less powerfull Factions from high Tier Blocks. An advanced Faction could take control of the Alien Planet (or at least the Orbit/Part facing the Earth-like Planet), mine the Resources and build Hightech Weapons wich will make them unstoppable. In a worst case scenario.

photo

A very good point, however, if other planets had different materials that could balance that out, for example different kind of ammunition for different weaponry? or perhaps better armor. Any game will have this issue though, the question is, how can we make it hard to do so for any faction. ARK has this issue on PVE servers, but it doesn't stop small time players from making progress and enjoying the game :) Definitely something for the devs to consider in both scenarios

photo
photo

I suspect planets made a better idea than in reality. Honestly I just use them as eye candy. Though I was excited when they came out that feeling has left me.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file