Skinny Piston Heads, Skinny Block Tools

Allen Stevens shared this feedback 4 years ago
Submitted

So I was building a ship, it had a nice profile, it was about 7 blocks long, and I thought... Damn you know what would be cool, is if I had the drill retracted into my ship, and I could just pull a lever, and then push the drill out of my ship, and drill on some ore!!! That would be cool!!!!

yM7wPzbHow cool would it be if that drill could push out, and retract instead of just bind up because the drill body is too large, and the piston head is too large. Just have a port in the ship, right next to containers or any other full size block to use retractable pistons, welders, and grinders...

Just have two versions of each tool when you select a piston head, the normal FAT one, and a new slim profile one, so we can have retractable tooling.

Replies (1)

photo

take a look at the blast door blocks ;) I think they will help you out a lot. They have smaller hitboxes than visual models.

photo

I'm aware of the selection of non-full collision blocks. :) They are pretty cool. But they are just as useless as using 1/2 blocks all around this, the idea is piston heads are actually trimmed down, so that you can build a piston next to ANY block, even with full size collision meshes. I could probably also just change the collision mesh of every block and shave .1 m off it, to fix it too.

I read that pistons are hard coded so you can overwrite those. But maybe build out every block in the game, with modded blocks just to 'fix' the fact a piston head is too large to slide next to a normal block.

photo

problem here is that this might actually kind of be a bug

rotors and hinges do not have the same "phantom force" issue that pistons do

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file