Sensor/Air Vent Separate Actions

Dementiurge shared this feedback 4 years ago
Submitted

Context: The sensor and air vent each have two toolbar slots (under "Setup Actions)" that are conditional and mutually exclusive. Because of this, they cannot trigger both actions at the same time, but they are still on one toolbar. Meanwhile, it is a hard rule for all action toolbars that you cannot have the same action twice on a toolbar.

Where this becomes an issue is when I want both slots on the toolbar of a sensor or air vent to trigger the same action. An example being an air vent that activates a sound chime when it finishes pressurizing OR depressurizing a space.

Because of the mentioned rule disallowing two of the same action being on a toolbar, this cannot be done without a timer block to serve as a relay for the second action.

It would be appreciated if any change could be made that makes the extra timer block unnecessary.

Best Answer
photo

If I want a air vent to close a door borth when room is pressurised and depressurise I create to group with the same door(s).

Bur yes allowing same action for both would be nice

Replies (1)

photo

I was hoping after the recent addition of the setup actions on the main control seat of a ship in the warfare 2 update that we would see this for more blocks like the vent to help automate pressurisation, example being a wall gets damaged to a room the vent there would sense the depressurisation sending a signal if setup to a timer block containing that rooms doors to close then locking them allowing the rest of the ship/ station to re-pressurise.

Either this or allow a sensor to detect if a room is pressurised could work. But currently I dont believe there is a vanilla method to do this.

photo

Im an idiot this is already a feature.

photo

If I want a air vent to close a door borth when room is pressurised and depressurise I create to group with the same door(s).

Bur yes allowing same action for both would be nice

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file