10 Slot Toolbar

Warlord shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

As the title implies I think it would be neat if we could have 10 accessible slots per toolbar rather then the current 9.

I currently have a script that enables users to enter numbers for calculations but as the toolbar only allows me to have 9 program blocks per toolbar, users have to go another toolbar to enter the "0" as the last slot in each toolbar is currently occupied by the hand icon (Hide Weapon) which cannot be removed.

In addition it makes more sense to use a metric number, its more logical.

Alternatively the devs could just allow us to re-purpose the Hide Weapon slot to whatever we like.

Example of a 10 slot toolbar:

b1aeadd8f250f152b7f0c5ebc141a5f3

This idea is a simplified version of my other idea for an enhanced toolbar with more features:

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/enhanced-toolbar

Replies (1)

photo

Yes, please do this!!!!

The amount of times I accidentally used an item in another game when I really just wanted to "holster" whatever I was holding is absurd just because Keen's ignorance of common and ubiquitous control convention completely messed up any sort of muscle memory.

Same for the in-vehicle toolbars. I cannot imagine that there is actually a statistically significant amount of players who actually build from within a sluggish craft's cockpit when getting out of your seat and whizzing around with your jetpack for building is lightyears more convenient.

Wasting an entire hotkey slot just for putting something away is just staggeringly idiotic.

Keen, you're not alone in the gaming world, realise this already!!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file