This object is in archive! 

Could not build level 3 drill with all prerequisites met

Liviu Gelea shared this bug 3 years ago
Submitted

For about 5 minutes although there was plenty of power and I had enough ingots, the level 3 drill didn't build. I removed it from queue, re-added it, switched to dissassembling mode and back, but with no success.

The only information I have that may help reproduce was that i didn't initially have the resources required but they were in the process of being refined in an attached refinery. After a few minutes the required cobalt was refined and transferred to the assembler, but the process didn't start.

When removing the item from queue, the item was NOT marked with red in the build menu, a sign that the resources were enough.

After a few minutes of tinkering, the build finally started, making me think it might be related to the optimizations put in place that change the update intervals.

Replies (2)

photo

Maybe not enough empty space in assembler?

photo

doesn't look like it. see screenshot

photo

For visibility I'm reposting the screenshot describing the issue.

I had plenty of power from 2 wind turbines at a decent height. Furthermore, the assembler was the only large consumer, especially given that refineries are bugged and only use 1kw of power

photo

how much power from wind turbines?

photo

both turbines have "clearance: optimal" and "max output: 400 kW"

photo

and what was the Current Output?

photo

It might be that, although reporting taking only 1kw of power as per...

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/publictest/topic/refineries-only-everdraw-1-kw-of-power

basic refineries actually take up the full amount of 330kW but report incorrectly. If so, the total power requirement would be 830kW which would be a little short.

Replies have been locked on this page!