Weird Visual glitch

Oreo yeet shared this bug 5 months ago
Won't Fix

As I am playing space engineers suddenly these light start popping up on my screen and it is not from my TV it is from the game as it reacted to movement but I have attached some pictures of it below

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem.

Can you please provide me more information?

You are playing on the PC (Steam), right? Since you mention TV and not monitor as the view device.

Are you experiencing this problem on multiple (all?) worlds/saves? Or only in one certain world? And when in a single world, can this problem be observed there everywhere or only on some specific places?

Are you using any mods/scripts/plug-ins when experiencing this problem?

It is bound to a single game session, and when you close the game and run it again, this issue is not present right from the start and appear later in game, or once there it is actually there even after fully closing the game and running it again?

Are there any steps to reproduce that you can think of – what did you do before these started to appear?

Please first try our general workarounds that help most of the players to solve most of the problems. These are:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know if anything changes on your side after going through these steps.

If not, can you please share me log file from any of the affected sessions?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Community doesn't accept new feedback!