Game crash upon deleting custom modded block
I made a bug report about this about a year ago and I'm running into the issue again. This time I can replicate a scenario where it will crash and not crash. I have attached the folder with my blend file that has my model and collision model as well as some log files of when the game crashes. I also attached a video of me replicating what I'm talking about. In the folder I'm using _small for the current version of the model so those are the current ones.
In the folder are two blend files. One is the model where it wont crash, the other is when it will. The only difference is one of the collision cylinder's flat ngon face is scaled up to match the render model better. When the face is scaled up, or down. It will lead to the game crashing
I know there are no LODs and there are too many materials, but from my experience with my other blocks I've made, those don't really cause crashes. I also haven't seen anything in the log files that point to that being the cause. Granted, I'm not a dev so I don't know what to look for but I didn't see any reference to either the LODs or materials in them. I also have tried triangulating the collision model, and applying transformations. I've even had too many collision objects and vertices without it crashing but as soon as one of those faces gets scaled up or down it will crash.
I also just want to say that I know this is a large block and so it could be pushing the limits of the engine, I just want to know what limit I'm hitting so I can work around it.
Any help is appreciated, thank you!
I have the same bug
Replies have been locked on this page!