Detached/Reattached Grid Control Reference Issue
Description of Issue:
When a piston, rotor, or hinge head is detached and reattached from a grid it keeps the control references bound to event controls/buttons/timers/cockpits on the main grid that it is being detached from and this is an amazing feature
However I have one large issue, if you blueprint that same detached grid and reattach the newly placed/constructed blueprint of the detached grid, it won't reference the same controls again despite being a copy with the same control definitions.
Unless it is placed/constructed along with the main grid you need to manually reassign any control, or event references and that can be very time consuming to redo.
Summary of Issue:
When a player wants to reconstruct a detached broken modular ship part, or base section they need to assign all the control references manually again
I wish there was a way for sub-grids to keep those same references when placed and reattached as a blueprint
I like this feedback
Replies have been locked on this page!