HUD pointers to things not in view feels wrongs

Nigel Haslock shared this feedback 24 hours ago
Not Enough Votes

I'm in the cockpit of my ship. My ship's antenna is behind me and to my right. It is mounted slightly above the top of the cockpit and 5m away from the cockpit. So why does it show on my HUD between 11 and 12 o'clock?

Equally, I pass an 'Unknown signal'. It looks static until I pass it and then. suddenly, it zooms across the top or bottom of the screen.

The irritating one happens after I accept a new contract. A location marker appears at the edge of the screen. I turn the ship towards it and it moves so I end up rotating more than 200 degrees to get it in my targeting ring. That is, I have to chase a moving target when I know the target is static, which is why it is irritating.

Is this another ME problem, where I don't understand what the screen is trying to tell me? Or is this a real oddity of the system?

Leave a Comment
 
Attach a file