Also a Linux user, I get a warning about the Windows swap file being too small. Which is sort of correct, I have no swap partitions. But I also have 32 GB of RAM, so this should not be a big problem. Besides, swapping to a SSD is a bad idea because the write cycles on a SSD are limited.
Suggestion: Instead of checking for a swap file, check the total amount of available memory. Maybe issue a warning when RAM runs low. And as a measure of last resort, drop the graphics quality and the sim speed if the PC threatens to grind to a halt.
Also a Linux user, I get a warning about the Windows swap file being too small. Which is sort of correct, I have no swap partitions. But I also have 32 GB of RAM, so this should not be a big problem. Besides, swapping to a SSD is a bad idea because the write cycles on a SSD are limited.
Suggestion: Instead of checking for a swap file, check the total amount of available memory. Maybe issue a warning when RAM runs low. And as a measure of last resort, drop the graphics quality and the sim speed if the PC threatens to grind to a halt.
32GB RAM, 32GB swap file, still getting a Low Memory warning. Game runs fine - getting up to 90fps on a RTX 2080 Max-Q.
32GB RAM, 32GB swap file, still getting a Low Memory warning. Game runs fine - getting up to 90fps on a RTX 2080 Max-Q.
Also a Linux user, I get a warning about the Windows swap file being too small. Which is sort of correct, I have no swap partitions. But I also have 32 GB of RAM, so this should not be a big problem. Besides, swapping to a SSD is a bad idea because the write cycles on a SSD are limited.
Suggestion: Instead of checking for a swap file, check the total amount of available memory. Maybe issue a warning when RAM runs low. And as a measure of last resort, drop the graphics quality and the sim speed if the PC threatens to grind to a halt.
Also a Linux user, I get a warning about the Windows swap file being too small. Which is sort of correct, I have no swap partitions. But I also have 32 GB of RAM, so this should not be a big problem. Besides, swapping to a SSD is a bad idea because the write cycles on a SSD are limited.
Suggestion: Instead of checking for a swap file, check the total amount of available memory. Maybe issue a warning when RAM runs low. And as a measure of last resort, drop the graphics quality and the sim speed if the PC threatens to grind to a halt.
Replies have been locked on this page!