Mod problem

Denis shared this bug 31 days ago
Need More Information

Each time I want to load any saves with mods, the game starts to download them from mod.io, but there is 50/50 chance, that some random mod from the preferred mods list, will stuck and nothing will be downloaded at all, so I can't load my save.

Replies (7)

photo

BTW, I don't think, that it's my internet connection fault, because if the mods is laoding well, it takes approx a couple of minutes or about it, and other (especially online-only) games still work well and load at normal/usual amount of time.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Could you tell us if the download fails or just takes a long time? How many mods in total are you trying to download? There is a limit on the available mod space, it is possible you're reached it.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

From 10 to 18 cosmetic-only mods as usual, not vtol, not scripts, modular encounters or smth like this, only kinda additional doors and lamps design mods, power cable lines, consoles, dummy npc, etc.

Downloading not fail with messages somehow like "unable" or "failed", not any indication of failure, it just stop (shows kinda "mods loaded X mb of Y mb" and X doesn not grow in numbers) and didn't show any progress at all. I didnt wait after 8-10minutes and abort all, i can easily go back from the loading screen to main menu. With some number of attempts, it can load it all and starts everything like things in a "normal game" must go, but there is 50/50 chance, as I I said earlier.

What amount of space game reserved to mods? How much mods (in Mb or gb) i can use. Maybe this is a key, maybe, I should make a revision and kick some mods away from my list. My total space used for mods (as I can see from loading screen) is from 450-490 to 590-600mb. And I got a lot and lot more free space on ssd, but how much can be used by mod system of SE game - I don't know.

And all of this starts from not a long time ago, BTW.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Currently the PlayStation hardware limit for mods should be 1.08GB. It seems like you're not reaching that limit.

Let's try sending logs.

• Reproduce the issue by attempting to download mods and wait until it fails
  • Press Triangle on gamepad or F1 on keyboard in the Main Menu to open Help screen
  • Open section Report issue
  • Fill up email address (required) and description (optional)
  • Press ‘Send report’ to send it
  • Update this thread with details filled in the report for us to be able to identify it
  • Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hmm, and what if game not "fail"? I never got any malfunction messages with this. I will try things by your advice at evening (now is a middle of a day) in Europe, but, IMHO, seems like I will wait forever, and there will not be "crash" or "error", progress just will be stuck at some moment and I can only "abort loading" by pressing X and go back to main menu.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Could you try leaving it in the loading screen for some time? Perhaps overnight? You should also see the mod total size in that window, please note that too.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

So, first of all, it looks like that. If the loading didnt starts within a few minutes, I cancel it, go to the mods menu, then deactivate all-activate them back (with refreshing a list), and try to load my save again. It can stuck not only at 0/595mb point, it can load some of mods and stuck in the middle or in any position. Second attempt gives me picture #2 and after approx 5 minutes of awaiting, I cancel the loading.

I cant found any order, f.ex "only mod X can't load, but mods Y and Z always can".

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Please try sending logs twice by reproducing both occurrences, one when it fully loads and one if the load gets stuck.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo
    photo

Thanks, I will try this. Let's see what happens then.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file