Duplication bug

Ric B shared this bug 8 months ago
Reported

If I put conveyor tube in the build planner and then add it to the production queue (L1+Touchpad) it makes the exact components for the conveyor tube. I then remove components from Assembler, not the basic assembler using (R1+Touchpad) it gives me the exact components, but it also leaves the same amount of components in the assembler inventory.

So I could add conveyor tube to build planner again and remove the components from assembler again without it having to make components from ingots. I can repeat that process over and over. It did the same thing for piston, conveyor junction and connector, I imagine it would for all items.

Ps5…large grid…no mods…single player

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Engineer

Unfortunately we've been unable to reproduce the issue so far. It would really help if you uploaded the world where the issue is reproducible to mod.io and shared a link in this thread.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House

photo

I figured it out, after I use r1+ touchpad to remove parts from assembler, the assembler is pulling duplicate components from the cargo container. Normally I have a sorter between assembler and cargo container for components, but this was a starter base.

Verified this also on keens custom game world “moon base”, were there are no sorters and it does the same thing when pulling parts directly from assembler port.

photo

Hello, Engineer

Thank you for comprehensive analysis. We've managed to reproduce the issue using your description. We've added it to our internal system. We will update this thread when we have more news.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House

Leave a Comment

Attach a file