Ps5 user, constant crashes when loading online servers, seems to fix if character dies, cryopods...

Joe Briley shared this bug 11 months ago
Solved

Every time me and my friends make any progress on any dedicated or hosted server, the game stops working for some reason, constant crashes when loading in. Sometimes when your in game character dies it can fix the issue (not always), however recently we've set up cryopods and our player characters won't die. This issue also seems to have been worsened after the update which rolled out yesterday 30.05.2023 as one of my friends never entered the cryopod and seems to be able to enter the server moments before crashing where as everyone else is crashing on the loading screen so even the player death isn't helping.

Please help, as in its current state the online isn't working for us, its like a throwback to the ps2 days and not having enough memory on the memory card and having to start again constantly

Replies (5)

photo

The group I play with online on a dedicated server are having the exact same issue, since the latest update the game crashes as we login; you get the message of the day, hear some cryopod sound and then the game crashes with the PS5's error reporting screen. The only way some of us have been able to get back in is to restart the server and get the respawn screen then it's fine. I hadn't put 2+2 together that it's the cryopods that seem to be causing the issue but that rather makes sense. So by the looks of things using a pod and logging out is something not to do until this is fixed.

photo

Yeah, I play with Jason and following on from this we've been logging out without using Cryochambers, and so far so good. He's right in that the only thing that seems to have let us back in previously has been to restart the server we're renting - and for players who don't log back in fairly soon after the reset they still seem to have the game crashing when it loads the world.

Something you can get around if you have control of the server, but a real problem if you've used a cryochamber on a public server until it's fixed I imagine.

photo

Hello Engineer!

Could you please tell us if you're having those issues on an Official Dedicated Server, Nitrado Server or some other?

Could you please submit logs?

To send logs, you can follow those steps:

1. Reproduce the issue and exit to the Main Menu
  2. Press triangle on gamepad or F1 on keyboard in the Main Menu or Pause Menu to open Help screen
  3. Open section Report issue
  4. Fill up email address (please use email associated with your profile on this forum) and description (please put "Cryopod Issue Report" in this field)
  5. Press ‘Send report’ to send it

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

I will do this the next time the issue happens,

With regard to the update, I notice significantly less crashing however the servers became extremely laggy after and the global chat was flooded with people having the same issues. This was happening on both an official dedicated server and a private nitrado server. I've yet to experience any issues as of yet with single player however I think that may be down to luck as I've had people tell me about issues saving etc.

photo
photo

Hello Engineer!

Could you please update to the latest version and tell us if the issue persists?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Thanks I'll try this, although we tested yesterday's update and I still had to go and cut my fellow engineer out of a cryopod yesterday. For science!

photo

I meant to say I was wondering if it was because the areas where our engineers had been using the pods was quite built up - the 'streaming' when the world is loading takes quite a long time because there are a lot of excavated and built blocks/voxels.

photo

Ok, I don't want to get too giddy with excitement but I have just logged back in to my cryopod and the game did not crash!

I shall continue to experiment with it over the next couple of days.

photo

Can confirm I've had it working today after the latest update (PS5 version number in the program information on the dashboard is 1.000.009 updated at 13:12 today). I tried it a few times, even risked some slightly better than basic equipment going into the cryochamber, without any crashes.

photo
photo

Hello Engineers,

Thank you for your replies. We will close this thread as 'Solved'. In case you would encounter this or similar bug again please create a new bug report with all relevant info (steps to reproduce and preferably a save with affected world).

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file