Save Game function not working

Derek shared this bug 11 months ago
Solved

I can no longer save any game. It says to delete save files or blueprints - I deleted all but 4 save files and I have never had any blueprints. The update did not fix my issue. Please help. Thank you.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Engineer,

We're aware of the issue where deleting saved games in-game doesn't remove them from Console Storage. The issue has been fixed in the latest update but you might have lingering deleted saves in your Storage.

Please verify how much Space Engineers saved data is taking. You can do that via Playstation Settings/Storage/Console Storage/Saved Data/Delete

If the total exceeds 1.08Gb, you can delete all saves from this menu manually. If you want to keep some of the saves, you can first upload them to mod.io

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

You can't access individual saves in the PS5 save menu. We can only delete EVERYTHING saved by a game.

photo

Hello Engineer,

We're currently investigating the issue. We can recommend using publishing saved games to mod.io to retain them and then deleting the whole saved data as a temporary solution.

We can confirm that the limit for game's saved data is 1.08Gb. It is intentional and a PlayStation requirement.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

I had 2 saves. totalled 2.6mb but would not let me save anymore or when i tried to load up again, said it didnt exist.

photo
photo

Hello,

Today we are releasing a hotfix (your game version will not change), for PlayStation 5 (PlayStation 4 version will be released later). We ask everyone who has problems saving on this console to please update. Please clear your local data before running it. Beware, you will also lose any (old) existing saves by doing this.

Procedure:

- Settings/Storage/Saved data/PS5 games/

- Select Delete

- Select the Space Engineers and press the Delete button

It is necessary to start from the beginning. This should prevent any recurrence of this issue.

This update should fix the gradual increase of save file size when saving repeatedly.

Please let us know if continue to experience any issues. Thank you for your continued patience, and for working through this process with us.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

Leave a Comment

Attach a file