ERROR There is not enough space for the operation.

Guest shared this bug 11 months ago
Solved

Cannot create a new game or save. Unable to save previous worlds either due to this error making progress impossible. This game breaking bug needs to be addressed asap. I am not the only one having this issue and it has yet to be rectified. I have plenty of space on my console.

Replies (6)

photo

Hello Engineer,

We're aware of the issue where deleting saved games in-game doesn't remove them from Console Storage. Please verify that's the issue you're experiencing.

Please verify how much Space Engineers saved data is taking. You can do that via Playstation Settings/Storage/Console Storage/Saved Data/Delete

If the total exceeds 1.08Gb, you can delete some saves from this menu manually.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Performing this does not rectify the issue. You not only lose all of your progress but the issue will happen again.

photo

Hello Engineer,

So just to be clear you've removed some saves, have less than 1.08Gb of Saved Data, but still unable to create a save? Are you using any mods?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

photo

No I am not using any mods. This is the vanilla version on PS5. As for the saves the only way to clear individual world saves and blueprints is through Space Engineers itself. Deleting console storage wipes all save data and all progress is lost. As soon as 1.08Gb is reached again the game is effectively unplayable.

photo
photo

Also your recent update allows you to start a new mission or world but saving even on a previous world is impossible.

photo

Hello Engineer,

We can confirm that 1.08Gb limit is intentional. The issue where deleting saves via in-game tools has been resolved in the latest release.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

We're currently investigating the issue. We can recommend using publishing saved games to mod.io to retain them and then deleting the whole saved data as a temporary solution.

We can confirm that the limit for game's saved data is 1.08Gb. It is intentional and a PlayStation requirement.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

This didn't help at all. Every other day I have to upload and delete. I just lost 150+ hours of work. Are you serious? This is ridiculous. I want a refund. The game was not proposed as a beta.

photo

Hello,

Today we are releasing a hotfix (your game version will not change), for PlayStation 5 (PlayStation 4 version will be released later). We ask everyone who has problems saving on this console to please update. Please clear your local data before running it. Beware, you will also lose any (old) existing saves by doing this.

Procedure:

- Settings/Storage/Saved data/PS5 games/

- Select Delete

- Select the Space Engineers and press the Delete button

It is necessary to start from the beginning. This should prevent any recurrence of this issue.

This update should fix the gradual increase of save file size when saving repeatedly.

Please let us know if continue to experience any issues. Thank you for your continued patience, and for working through this process with us.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

Leave a Comment

Attach a file