I can longer save existing games nor load new ones since hotfix 1.202.114 on PS5.

Michael Morelli shared this bug 11 months ago
Solved

Error states that I should delete blueprints or saved games. I have 0 saved blueprints and a single save file of 0.4 MB. This issue arose after a recent hotfix.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Engineer,

We're aware of the issue where deleting saved games in-game doesn't remove them from Console Storage. Please verify that's the issue you're experiencing.

Please verify how much Space Engineers saved data is taking. You can do that via Playstation Settings/Storage/Console Storage/Saved Data/Delete

If the total exceeds 1.08Gb, you can delete some saves from this menu manually.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Saved data was taking up 1.09Gb. Deleted and started a new game, which I was able to save. New saved data is 27.46Mb. I reopened the game and loaded the save. Saved my game again, then exited. Save file on console storage is 38.47Mb now. I guess it'll keep going until until it reaches 1.08 and fails? I don't feel like testing this with gameplay. :'(

photo

Hello Engineer,

Thank you for letting us know. We can confirm that the current saved data limit is 1.08Gb. We recommend using multiple saves.

We will add your report to our internal ticket. We will update this thread when we have more information.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
photo

Hello,

Today we are releasing a hotfix (your game version will not change), for PlayStation 5 (PlayStation 4 version will be released later). We ask everyone who has problems saving on this console to please update. Please clear your local data before running it. Beware, you will also lose any (old) existing saves by doing this.

Procedure:

- Settings/Storage/Saved data/PS5 games/

- Select Delete

- Select the Space Engineers and press the Delete button

It is necessary to start from the beginning. This should prevent any recurrence of this issue.

This update should fix the gradual increase of save file size when saving repeatedly.

Please let us know if continue to experience any issues. Thank you for your continued patience, and for working through this process with us.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

Leave a Comment

Attach a file