Starved cryopods block server access AKA Strodinger's Cryo

Jason McAlpin shared this bug 11 months ago
Won't Fix

HOW IT CURRENTLY WORKS

There is a bug with cryopods that if they don't have oxygen or power and they are occupied the occupant will die but stay in pod. This state prevents them from connecting to the server. once the pod is opened in any way they immediately die and regain their access to the server.

Looks like Strodinger's cat has a companion. Until the block is open they both live in a living dead super state.

HOW IT SHOULD WORK

Occupant dies and respawns when they join the server.

Replies (9)

photo

This may also affects beds when there is no o2 to sustain the occupant of the bed. will have to test this one.

photo

Hello, Jason!

Thank you for writing to us.

We have attempted to replicate the issue at our end, and when the player dies inside the cryopod, it spawns correctly.

Could you kindly provide further information about the behavior you have experienced?

Have you encountered this issue in the Lobby or on any Dedicated Server?

Was the world where you experienced this issue modded (with active MODs)? If so, could you please check if you encounter the same issue in a vanilla (no active MODs) world as well? Please send us a screen recording/video showing the issue occurring at your end.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

this is on keen official servers, I can't speak on dedicated servers. Others would have to add their info to this. I am an admin so I see requests to remove people from cryo pods almost daily. I'll provide a video with the next request for help.

photo

Okay the most recent problem. Had someone in a cryo. PS5. they try to log back in and they get the message of the day but if they try to continue it crashes. I was asked to check the cryo.

The cryo was on a ship where they had turned off the power. I think they had respawned from the cryo after the last attempt because it was empty. once I turned on the power so the kit worked they could respawn back in.

Not sure if other issues were from the PS 5 but will continue to post as I get more requests.

photo

Next run to help someone. Again player used a PS. Stuck in cryo. They died as soon as I cut them free. When I tried the cryo it had power and o2. So it isn't clear why they died or if that is normal behavior.

Once I grinded the cryo they could join the server US EOS 7

photo

Hello, Jason McAlpin,

thank you for the additional information. I tried to test this on an official server. I was in a pod which had no power and then the character died. However it respawned normally. Have you only noticed this on PS 5?

Have you noticed any steps to reproduce this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

I was not able to reproduce this. The people that come to us about this issue seem to be PS 5 users. I will ask more questions about the steps they took. the last few times there were no consistent steps that I heard. it was always leaving the game and coming back and being stuck because they were in the cryo. it isn't everyone in a cryo just some people, PS5 is only consistent thing between all of them

photo

Hello, Jason McAlpin,

since you are saying that this is only consistent on PS5 I will switch your report to our PS5 support page.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello, Engineer,

this issue should have been resolved in one of the past updates for PS.

If the issue is still present, please ask players to create threads on the forum themselves, there might be steps we need them to execute on their side.

We will close this thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file