Lost Connection to Host/Server

celadan shared this bug 12 months ago
Solved

From PS5, when I try to connect to any server I get the message 'Lost Connection to Host/Server' I have also tried changing connections without solving the problem.

The game version is 1.202.114

Replies (22)

photo

Hi team,

The player approached us on Discord's help channel regarding the above. They have no grids nor an active character on the server they initially enquired about (EOS EU#2) and the only thing of any note was that they died in a Cryopod due to lack of Oxygen after they logged off their previous session.

I advised them into switching their Wifi Connection to that of a Hotspot to refresh the ISP but this didn't work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Gorwyn (OGSA)

photo

" From PS5, when I try to connect to any server I get the message 'Lost Connection to Host/Server' I have also tried changing connections without solving the problem.

The game version is 1.202.114 "

I have the same Problem pls Help

thx Enzo

photo

Hello Engineer!

We're aware of some issues with DS connectivity. Have you tried letting it reconnect for some time?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Yes since this morning. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game a few times. Nothing happens always the same message.

photo

Hello Engineer!

Could you please tell us if you're connecting to the server via the Favorites tab? If yes, could you try the Server tab instead?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

i try in all ways, using:

• Continue Game
  • Join Game --> Home System EOS EU #2
  • Join Game --> Favorites (Tab)

but the problem is the same

photo

I can't connect in any way.... Also on other servers does not matter how. About invites not about join in game not about favorites not about PSN party not....

photo

I have the same problem. This has startet since the Update from yesterday. I have a server by Nitrado and i rebootet it several times. Nothing seems to help. Also i killed the character of enzo (he is on my server) because he was showing online in the server details. After killing his character he disappeared from the list. But this also does not help.

I noticed that on the Nitrado webinterface i cant see the online players anymore. This has worked before the update. That means that im not able to set a player as admin anymore.

I think there is an issue related with the update from yesterday. Maybe the servers from Nitrado are not patched for the new update? Or anything logging out the chracters profile that makes the profile corrupt or something?

photo
photo

how long do you think it takes to fix the problem?

photo

Hello Engineer!

We're investigating the connectivity issues, we will update this thread when we know more.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Also deleting the safe files through settings won‘t help. We are a group of four, all with the same version and one of us is still able to connect. Settings are all the same.

photo

Enzo and i did another test today. We both startet a world on the console and tried to join. He first tried to join my world and it failed. The server could not be reached. Is not answering. Then i tried to join his world and the same happened to me. Both world where opened as a host on the console itself.

I now think that it has nothing to do with the dedicated servers. Further more i believe its the game itself that does have this bug.

Let us know if we should do more tests to help to resolve this issue.

photo

When do you think this problem will be fixed? There are people like us who have rented a server. But paying it in vain just because you can no longer log on to it. At least one specific answer should be required and not just standard bot statements, we also paid 60 euros for a beta....

photo

5 days have passed and the problem still persists. If it was caused by the latest fix released, is reverting too simple a solution?

photo

Same problem for me (Xbox series X) and my friend (PC)

photo

5 days and nothing happens, no statement, no please be patient, it's our turn to find a solution, nothing. Just really ridiculous how they deal with their players. We paid 60 euros for a beta and my friend pays the rent for the server at Nitrado... they don't seem to be that interested. And this despite the fact that this game has existed for years. Well, we just have to wait and see if they can fix it before Christmas. Can be glad that there is no change guarantee maybe I have to ask Sony..

photo

Hello Engineer,

Thank you for participating in our Space Engineers Beta.

We are working closely with Epic (Epic Online Services) to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

Our apologies for any inconvenience.

We're actively working to resolve this issue. We will update you in this thread when we know more.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello Engineer,

Could you please tell us if the issue is still present after the latest update on your side?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

No, its not been resolved. But when we wait longn enought, while the message „lost connection to host/server“ does appear eventually after several mintues it joins to the server. But this takes like forever.

photo

Hello Engineer,

Thank you very much for letting us know.

We will close this ticket as it seems like the issue is no longer present. Should any other issues appear, please don't hesitate to create another thread.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

somehow you probably don't understand exactly what people are writing to you. The problem is still there, only that you can now get in after a very, very long wait. But the message from the server host left the game and the infinite wait to enter the server is still there!! So why are you closing this ticket saying the problem is solved?!

photo

Hello Engineer,

Could you please update to the latest version of the game and tell us if the issue persists? Are you able to connect?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo
photo

the update was made!! Everything as usual... Server host has left the game, incredibly long waiting times and at some point if you don't lose patience you can come in....

photo

Hello Engineer,

We're working together with Epic Online Services to resolve this issue. At the moment you should be able to connect to a server. It is possible that reconnects will happen, but you should be able to connect within a reasonable time frame. Could you please confirm that?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Yes, after a long wait it works. But sometimes the waiting time is very long.

photo

Hello Engineer,

Thank you for letting us know. We will update this thread when there are more news from the side of EOS.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

This issue should be resolved in version 203.5

photo

Me and some friends have been trying for at least a day to connect in and keep receiving server connection issues and it won’t even connect even after trying for hours

Leave a Comment

Attach a file