Dedicated server - requested features / settings
I would love to see a few select additional server features / settings.
"Mini_star_system" - world preset, an enclosed star system, restricted in size (this total world size can already be manipulated), but with a lot smaller planets / moons - where you can define the scale by option 1 : < 10/20/50 > defining the planet size in that mini_star_system.
- "It's not the size of the planet, but how you use it"
"tiny_earth_with_moon" a defined planet size + moon - ref the above scale settings. Preset with a max of X km (world size defined) travel space around the gravity well with a few select asteroid points for generation.
Checkbox / activated / deactivated features:
1. Allow projectors to project grids with sub-grids
- this would allow players to project blueprints with extended grids connected to it on the projector. (this is very useful when you try to project a ship that has a linked mining head where the head suddenly counts as an exstention to the grid rather then a grid as one)
2. Deny mixed ownership on grids
- This would force any new block added/repaired/welded onto an existing grid to always be owned by the already existing block.
3. Allow faction ownership for grids
- If enabled enables an in-game checkbox in the faction settings where the leader can specify that all grids/blocks placed by any member will be owned by the faction, not a player. with text "built by faction-name". Solved by adding a dorment npc in all factions who gets ownership and shares all blocks on that grid with faction. Added information when hovering over block would then say owner: faction-name, built by: player-name.
4. Start with X space credits
- can be nice for hosted servers to be able to give your players a credits starting amount so they can replace their starter vehicles with something bought.
Do you have any ideas? throw them in the comments!