Airtightness PROS and CONS Ideas - Benefits to Having a Visor Off
I was thinking, the devs could make keeping a visor down lead to visor related visual artifacts that grow over time:
With Visor Down:
- Dust (if on planets, asteroids, or moons, or near explosions or active grinders)
- Breath fog
- Occasional teary eyes
- A constant imperceptible whine of air circulation
- Decreasing health (1 unit for every hour with your visor down).
- Sounds are muffled
- Player movement is slower
- Player inventory is less.
With Visor Up in an O2 environment:
- Visors are defogged
- Teary eyes are cleared
- Health regenerates naturally in an O2 environment.
- Sounds return to normal.
- Player can move around faster (simulating having no suit on?)
- Player can carry more inventory (simulating not having a suit on and carrying around its bulk?)
This would give airtight spaces the value and attention they deserve to build and maintain.