NPC ships warn player to detour. System for player to warn NPCs and players to detour:

jonathan somerby shared this feedback 23 hours ago
Not Enough Votes

I find it odd that the NPC can request I avoid them but I cant request they avoid me. I do not consider this to be a space game because of this.

The issues this system aims to remedy:

Neutral NPCs fly straight into my base and attack me

take out my solar array before I can set up defenses and logistics

If I do get defenses up I loose all rep and ability to trade because of them engaging me.

The NPCs warn me but i cannot return the warning.


The fix:

Player can send automated detour requests

If player defends within the preset range no reputation loss.

Stationary grids would have a larger range than mobile grids

Large grid would have a larger range than small


Needed variables for modders and Programable Blocks

Perimeter zone data

NPC state flags is in detour mode, has violated perimeter, perimeter owner grid id

Reputation suppression hook

Despawn retreat trigger

Engagement context on damage event

Target validity override: overrides neutral once inside the defense zone

Turret target authorization: sets all turrets to target offending grid

Shared engagement context object

Event bus: all events in this solution

Configuration surface: the defense zone

ability for programable blocks to redirect ai move and flight blocks to fly around the zone. or incorporate this into the ai blocks own logic.


Dependency:

A system for overriding the neutral status

or

A system for making all blocks attached to your grid owned by you. Currently hangar doors and repaired/blueprinted blocks can default to owner: none. I would recommend all new blocks placed attached via rotor or piston be default to owner of the main grid. If we could control the ownership of all blocks placed personally we wouldn't need the neutral override and could just leave target neutrals on.


Please reply with any technicalities this may cause with the current game or current mods as I would love to be able to play this game in space. After 1000 hours in this game I still have yet to setup a successful space base because of this issue and play exclusively on planets only going to space for uranium, platinum and contracts.

Leave a Comment
 
Attach a file