Replace On/Off with ON or OFF

MurlocJoe shared this feedback 17 days ago
Not Enough Votes

Heya, I've been enjoying the game for over 6k hours ever since it first entered early access.

And there have been many good additions and improvements over the years.

On thing that would be a big quality of life update for when we want to automate things would be if features on blocks that have On/Off as the only hotbar options would have it replaced with two actions where one is ON and the other is OFF.

For example, but not limited to: Rotor lock ON. Rotor lock OFF. Rather than On/Off.

AI Offensive block Stay at Range/Orbit facing direction as ON or OFF, rather than On/Off.

The last one I am trying to use in combination with event triggers where I would like the Automaton ship to enable Facing direction to Down ON with stay at range if within a certain gravity strength, and then to disable the Down if outside of it. But since the Down is only On/Off and not ON or OFF I can not make a single event trigger toggle it. And if I use two event triggers, then they can quickly both trigger it leading to misshaps etc. I hope you understand the problem :)

I understand that going over all the blocks that has a shared On/Off instead of ON or OFF would be a lot of work and rather time consuming. But I am hoping that you'll get there eventually :)

(Sidenote: It is probably good to keep On/Off as an option, while also adding On and Off as an option)

Have a nice day and thank you for your time.

-MurlocJoe

Leave a Comment

Attach a file