Remote Storage Antenna and Suit upgrade

paddington o3 shared this feedback 26 days ago
Not Enough Votes

With the new content coming soon brings better machine, power, and utility blocks. With this comes the onset of the tiny inventory and too many parts put into it. While welding ships are fantastic for large construction many times I find not being able to hold the parts needed for updating a hallway quite a drag. So taking inspiration from the 1.0 release of Satisfactory, I would like to request an endgame future for player utility convenience.

Concept:

Similar to how the remote control lets players interact with a grid's systems using an antenna, I envision a block similar to it for the remote connection of the player's inventory to a chosen grid. Said block would have a range similar to the Ore detector to limit the power of this feature. The cost would match that of other end-game blocks such as the Jump drive, Gravity Generator, and the upcoming ProtoTech blocks. Given the power of such an item its power consumption should match it as well; a decent idle power draw to maintain connection, and a decent amount of extra power draw when items are being drawn out. Using this system the player would be able to weld blocks while drawing components from the connected grind before the player's inventory (configurable). The Connected grid's inventory would not be able to be accessed remotely only the remote storage block. Such items would need to be piped into the block using sorters, scripts, or manual item transfer. To connect the player to the grid I'm thinking of a one-time use consumable that unlocks a feature in the suit control panel ( control panel tab in the inventory when not interacting with a grid). The player connection item would function similarly to the laser antenna, in that a channel code would be entered to interface with specific grids. On the player's death, the item would either be lost (and functionality be removed) or the item be returned to the inventory via the corpse (developer choice via playtesting).

I am fully aware of how powerful this idea is if implemented, however, I believe that players are ready for the power.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file