This object is in archive! 

Enhancing UI and block settings management.

Nazariy Vozniuk shared this feedback 3 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Players always have to spend a lot of time not only building, but also adjusting each block/module. The most hard and excruciating part to me is finding a right block in the windows-like list (or necessity to fly straight to that block to ensure it's the right one). And i got a suggestion how to solve this problem (because i like this game so much and want to see it improve of course).

So what i suggest is putting an editor with a few instruments and a simplified 3D model (of the spaceship/station/whatever) in the centre instead of current list of blocks. This 3D model will look like showed on the picture. Above there will be a toolbar with selection and editing tools to fast access block settings. For example "Select multiple" on the image will select all the blocks user clicked on or held the LMB (or RMB) above. Also beside adding a separate buttons for each action for new players to adapt, you can add shortcuts like in some other editor program for fast work. For scaling and rotating there will be scroll and LMB button. Everything else is shown on the picture. Hope at least a part of that idea will come in the next update.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file