This object is in archive! 

Roll Play and Game Quality of Life / Ranking System Block

Dan Glenn shared this feedback 4 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I would like to invite some players within my gaming community to play SE with me and join my faction, but I don't feel I know them well enough to hand them the keys to the kingdom either.

I'd like to make a suggestion to resolve this issue. Please add a 'Ranking' block to Space Engineers. This block, which would function much like a programming block, should allow Founders to rank all their faction's players and restrict access to some items held within the faction by their designated rank. Each rank group would require one 'Ranking' block.

As an example: The faction founder places a 'Ranking' block down and inside the menu designates the block as 'Engineer'. They then go through the item list adding those blocks within the system that they wish the 'engineer' to have access to via a 'whitelist'; such as, doors, refineries, assemblers, and so on. Conversely, they can optionally 'blacklist' items to be restricted to the 'engineer' Then, in another list in the block, they add members from their faction, which designates them as an 'engineer' allowing (whitelist) or disallowing (blacklist) access to those items selected in the block. Founders would of course have access to all faction blocks that are connected. Leaders would have access to all faction blocks, with the exception of any 'Ranking' block(s). The 'Ranking' block should come in both large block and small block variants.

Having a Ranking block would encourage game play amoung gaming communities, while restricting some griefing within a faction from members that are acquaintances and are not yet well known.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file