This object is in archive! 

A way of merging creative into survival

VicO_o shared this feedback 4 months ago
Not Enough Votes

With KSH's latest announcements concerning the focus on survival and PVE, it would make sense to rethink the ship creation workflow in survival.

Currently, in order to build an optimized ship, it is mandatory to go through the “creative world” phase to make a blueprint of a ship, then go to the survival world to use the projector.

I don't know of any other optimized method (who spends 20 hours building a prototype starship in survival mode, only for it to crash because it lacked power? (Sometimes me :) ))

I think that from the point of view of immersion in the survival world, it's important not to separate the creation part from the survival part. Isn't it the same engineer who has to create and survive? Why does he have to “die” and transfer his imagination to another world in order to express his creativity?

Of course, these are metaphors, but I find that the “back and forth” creative world <=> survival world breaks the player's immersion and diminishes his pleasure in playing survival (at least mine :( ).

So I'm thinking of a way to bring the “ship creation” part into survival. Perhaps in the form of an architect's table that would allow the player to enter “simulation mode” (why not in an entirely empty virtual world that doesn't affect the survival world). The player would then be persistent in the survival world.

This simulation mode could allow you to create a ship without using resources (or not?) and save the blueprint directly, just like the creative mode.

This is a draft concept and I'm posting it here to gather different opinions and ideas.

Do you think this idea would improve the shipbuilding workflow in survival mode?

Do you also think this idea could be moddable?

Does this exist already ?

Thank you all for your attention and see you in space :D.

VicOo

Leave a Comment

Attach a file