This object is in archive! 

Proposal to change the generation of resources and the operation of accelerators

NIKOLAY shared this feedback 5 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I've been playing the Space Engineers game for a long time, I really like this game and I have some suggestions on how to improve the gameplay with simple changes:

1. Adding rare resources to different planets, so that there would be an interest in research. Resources should occur less frequently, but in a larger volume, so that it would make sense to thoroughly equip a base for them, in the likeness of an ice lake. For example, on one planet there are large deposits of Uranium, on another planet there are large deposits of Platinum, on a third of Gold, and so on. In this case, the player will have an interest in exploring space, building bases on different planets and then transporting it all to one base for production. Such large deposits with resources can be located deeper than small deposits, so that they are more difficult to find, and a special drill will need to be built to extract them. You can even add a special detector to the game that will help players search for such large deposits at depth. For example, he can determine the approximate area where a large reserve of resources is located, and then use a conventional detector to look for the exact location of resources - drill the planet in different places and lower a conventional detector there so that he can determine the exact location of resources in his usual way.

2. There is also a proposal for accelerators. The maximum speed should not be achieved under standard conditions, it should be achieved under certain technical conditions. For example, under standard conditions, the accelerator accelerates 70 m / s, and in order to accelerate higher, you need to perform certain actions, which can be very diverse, for example:

2.1. The part of the engine or the part that participates in the energy generation system for the engine, for example, a hydrogen tank, must be located in a certain environment, for example in a vacuum or in a room with a certain pressure, and if this condition is met, the ship can accelerate faster. Accordingly, if you want to accelerate faster, you will need to design the ship so that the necessary blocks are in the right compartments with ventilation.

2.2. It is also possible to add acceleration to hydrogen accelerators if an oxygen tank is connected to the system. This may be a short-term acceleration that ends quickly. And if you connect the reactor directly to the engines, then this will also give its acceleration.

If we talk about deeper changes, then I would see it in the development of the accelerator development system. In order to get a higher speed, you need to design the accelerator in a certain way. For example, there is a game like Good Company, and there is a very simple but interesting system. To produce some kind of product, you need to produce components that have their own size and shape in the diagram, which in turn need to be able to be placed in a case that has a limited size. And there is always a search for a compromise, which part to develop so that it fits into the case with other parts and at the same time gets maximum efficiency. It seems to me that such a concept could be taken as a model and try to somehow apply it to Space Engineers.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file