This object is in archive! 

Controlled Remote Blocks act like a Player (generate Asteroids)

J P shared this feedback 5 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Currently the game does not allow a playstyle where you explore the solar system, or more specifically ASTEROIDS using only drones. The planets generate fine, but a player character must be within the set radius (default 15km) from an asteroid for it to actually spawn into the world.

This is particularly irritating as uranium ONLY generates on asteroids and you most likely will want to use ice from some asteroid very soon after reaching space.

And I specifically want to make the most small and nimble vessels without having to carry my player all the way to space just to get uranium or explore where some of it could be.

I believe manned space flight is a great challenge for a bit later in the progression.

Considering the past and current way humans in the real world explore space (see Uncrewed NASA missions), it is sad, weird and creatively-limiting that the game does not allow this.

I can understand that there might be a performance impact if ALL remoteblocks where queried every so often as if they were a player. That is why I propose that this only applies to actively controlled remote blocks.

Please consider.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file