This object is in archive! 

On wheel suspensions, rename option "Brake" to "Use for braking"

Andreas Lund shared this feedback 5 months ago
Not Enough Votes

After wasting the time of not just myself but a bunch of other people in the Steam forums for about a day on what turned out to be a stupid misunderstanding, I was encouraged to post this here:

I was genuinely confused by the naming of that option, much because the option just below it appeared to be the one related to parking hence this one was not. My reasoning was that using a hotbar button to turn "Brake" on/off was a better option than using "P" which would also toggle connectors, causing docked ships to fall off and whatnot. Then, to my surprise, turning "Brake" on/off appeared to do nothing at all. Meanwhile, I had probably left "P" enabled on the previous vehicle (and reminding myself to never touch it because bad things might happen!) so that turning "Brake" on/off did exactly what I expected it to do.

I would therefore suggest renaming that option from "Brake" to something like "Use for braking" to better describe exactly what the option does; it does not in fact brake unless some other condition is also met.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file