Suggestion: Smoke Dischargers, Smoke Mortars and Hand-Held grenade launcher; upgrade for Int.Turret

Hikari shared this feedback 47 days ago
Not Enough Votes

Due to a recent bug in the Fireworks Launcher block causing the fireworks to only detonate on impact, it has sprung into my mind that we could have projectiles that generate a cloud of smoke.

Would it be possible to create a weapon, that fires a projectile which in turn creates a puff of smoke, whose function is to act as an entity(anchored to the grid or terrain that it landed on) that blocks sight to turrets within atmospheric/pressurized environment while it lasts for a few seconds? Movement in unpressurized areas could also lessen the amount of time it lasts.

For a counter, it could be provided that Interior Turrets now have thermal sights, allowing them to see through single-shell curtains, and that all turrets will keep track of targets through the fog if they were already locked-on. The area covered by the smoke would not be larger than 3wide, 3 long and 2 tall; on a Large Grid.

To consider an area being a "multi-shell curtain" in grids, it could be calculated by each shell checking within their own radius for more shells, and if there are, make the smoke curtain thicker in the area where both of them share their effect radius.

I cannot draw a concept, for i'm no artist and lack any ability for drawing. I try my best to describe through text.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file