This object is in archive! 

Add more missing blocks (Armour, Interior and corridor)

frag2k4 shared this feedback 5 months ago
Not Enough Votes

So just a typical suggestion to add more blocks missing from the game, at this moment the amount of armour block types and interior blocks still is not up to the point of giving full freedom of design to users but a few suggestions to reduce this gap.

More curved armour blocks

At this moment the curved blocks are the most ignored blocks for building, a few new variations would go a long way to fix this with these ideas:

1. A 2x1x1 slope and tip version to make more gentle curves.

2. Concave versions of the blocks to allow negative curves.

3. Armoured version of the cylindrical column.

4. Hemisphere block to add to the above and use as a cap.

5. Semi circle block.

6. Curved to angled transition block (only some versions like the 45 degree and 2x1x1 version.

More interior wall types.

Going by the current vanilla interior wall we could use a few variations of this to help with some interior design all these would be based on armour block designs.

Note with the interior walls image where I was able the green plate would be the textured part of the block while the rest would be the ribbed area, the half block I obviously couldn't add it via that but same idea.

Peak and Valley blocks.

Another missing set are the peaks and valleys, with the current designs typically favouring odd width ships a flat space can often be found when using various slopes, a set of blocks to fill this gap. Examples are in the peaks and valleys image of course these would all be 1x1.

More steel catwalks.

Currently this block has only 4 variations, the grated version has 11, we need to balace this out to give more options there.

More vanilla corridors

Currently the type 3 have a few versions though the vanilla and type 2 are lacking a lot, yet the vanilla one in its rather basic design works well and could use some extra options, a corner, T, X, light and maybe windowed version would open up with them. Type 2 could also get these.

So these are what I can think of at this moment but some of these should have been in the game since the very early days and I hope to see at least some of them in a future update.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file