This object is in archive! 

Spectator teleportation problem and suggestions.

Balmung shared this feedback 11 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I want to say that this feature can be very dangerous and should be worked on.

I build a bigger asteroid base in space, so a static grid. I was sitting in my Cryo in the base and was in spectator mode, flying around on the planet to look what other players build there and then I accidentally pressed ctrl + space because I want to move slow (ctrl) and up (space) and my whole base inclusive all subgrids was teleported into the ground of the planet and into other players ships which made huge damage. Only a Server Backup before could fix that mess.

1. that shortcut is dangerous because it uses keys what you normally use while you play the game.

2. that you don't need extra rights for teleport makes it also dangerous, why I don't need to activate at least the "Enable creative mode tools" which I also need to activate for copy&paste?

3. that you can teleport static grids which stuck in voxels should be not possible at least without any warning message and security question.

4. that you can teleport a grid into other grids should also not be possible. I don't tested it but I guess teleporting moving grids into voxels is also possible what should not be possible, at least not without a security question.

So there are different options to make this problem less to a problem.

1. A other shortcut that didn't use basic gameplay keys.

2. A warning message with a security question if you really want to do that

3. An option to activate/deactivate this shortcut and behavior in the Admin menu.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file