This object is in archive! 

Having trouble connecting a rover to a large ship

Sean Lim shared this feedback 12 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Hello I have been having this issue since the latest dlc update.

I've built a rover and a large grid ship to transport it. However, these are issues I have encountered:

(1) The rover is connected to the large ship connector. It is powered down, the wheel power is set to zero and the gyro is TURNED OFF

(2) Once the ship takes off the following issues occur:

i. The is invisible force originating from the rover causing the ship to swerve to the left (you can see the ships lateral thrusters over compensating for this force. This makes the large ship very hard to control. Reloading the game sometimes resolves this issue, sometimes it may take more than one reload.

ii. The engine sound of the rover can still be heard even with the entire rover powered down. As you power up/power down the large ship you can hear the rover's engine react accordingly.

iii. I have reported the issue to the Steam forum and Dan2D3D suggested that I open a ticket for this issue. More details on this issue are discussed there; I have tried all the remedies suggested and none have resulted in a fix for the problem.

iv. Image attached shows the ship and the rover. There's nothing special to note with either builds, they are straight forward designs with no subgrids involved. Also the problem persists even with no mods loaded and scripts disabled.

v. the large grid ship does not run into any of these issue when transporting vehicles without wheels.

Any help you can lend to assist in resolving this issue will be appreciated.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file